A Virtual Assistant (VA) is an independent entrepreneur providing administrative, creative and/or technical services. Utilizing advanced technological modes of communication and data delivery, a professional VA assists clients in his/her area of expertise from his/her own office on a contractual basis.
Benefits to hiring a Virtual Assistant
Virtual Assistants are the CEOs of their companies (similar to their clients). We are highly skilled professionals capable of having a powerful impact on the productivity of our clients.
- are exceptionally skilled both technically and administratively
- manage your projects from start to finish
- are committed to increasing your productivity by handling the minor and major administrative details of your business
- take the time to learn and understand your business goals and philosophy
- have a vested interest in the success of your business as well as their own business
- can become your long-term “growth partner”
The “virtual” concept of our industry has been embraced and accepted amongst the on-line community. Using email, phone, fax, snail mail (regular mail), diskette transfer and real-time messaging, clients of virtual assistants can enjoy all the benefits of a full-time support person without the overhead expense.
If you hire an employee, you have to: pay employer social security taxes; collect and pay FICA taxes; pay Worker’s Compensation Insurance; pay Federal and State Unemployment Taxes; comply with OSHA; comply with the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA); comply with Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA); possibly pay medical benefits; possibly pay vacation/sick/holiday time; possibly pay for other employee benefits such as 401K; and, pay someone to administrate the benefits.